Investigators: Professor Tom Povey.
Students: Matt Collins, Ben Hall, Ben Kirollos.
Sponsor: Rolls-Royce Turbines.
I am interested in advanced instrumentation for flow measurement. The following areas are of particular interest:
- Measurements of angle in highly swirling flows (such as in modern combustors)
- Measurement of flow (Mach, Temperature, Angle) in aggressive environments
- High frequency temperature measurements in highly unsteady (turbine) environments
- Minature probes for measurements in moderately (M < 2) supersonic flow
- IR camera techniques for metal effectiveness measurements.