Suria received her BSc. Aeronautical Engineering from the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, where she worked on shock wave strengthening through area reduction. After being awarded a Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship to the Georgia Institute of Technology, USA, she completed her MS. Aerospace Engineering at the Aerothermodynamics Research and Technology Laboratory and worked as a graduate research assistant for a NASA sponsored project at the Georgia Tech Aerospace Systems Design Laboratory on an aircraft concept developed by Aurora Flight Sciences.
She joined the Hypersonics Group at the Oxford Thermofluids Institute under the supervision of Prof. Matthew McGilvray and Dr. Luke Doherty in 2018 and works on the Oxford T6 Stalker Tunnel looking at high enthalpy effects in hypersonic flows.
- MS. Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- BSc. Aeronautical Engineering, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Rice-Cullimore Scholarship
- Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship
- Subiah, S. D., Collen, P. L., Doherty, L. J., Penty Geraets, R., Hyslop, A., McGilvray, M. “Condition Development and Commissioning of the Oxford T6 Stalker Tunnel in Reflected Shock Tunnel Mode” International Conference on Flight Vehicles, Aerothermodynamics and Re-entry Missions & Engineering, Monopoli, Italy, 2019.
- Collen, P. L., Doherty, L. J., Subiah, S. D., Hyslop, A., McGilvray, M. “Performance Capability Experiments in T6: A Hypervelocity, Transient and Multi-Mode Ground Test Facility for High-Enthalpy Aerothermodynamics Research” International Conference on Flight Vehicles, Aerothermodynamics and Re-entry Missions & Engineering, Monopoli, Italy, 2019.